At West Harrow Garage Ltd, we perform state of the art alignment adjustments using only the best equipment available in the market.
Correct Wheel Alignment will save you £££’s on Tyres, Fuel, Increase Handling, Grip and Road Safety!
If you notice that your vehicle pulls significantly to the left or right when you are travelling on a straight, flat road with little cross-wind, or your tyres are wearing abnormally, then your wheel alignment may require adjustment. You should therefore take your vehicle to have its wheel alignment checked. This is a simple process, which may require slight adjustment of front and/or rear suspension components. If your vehicle’s wheels are not properly aligned, this can cause abnormal wearing of the tyres.
Note that wheel alignment may also be referred to as suspension alignment.
Always have your vehicle’s alignment checked when:
- Your vehicle has hit something (e.g. a kerb or major road hazard).
- You notice that your tyres are wearing abnormally or unevenly.
- You experience steering or handling problems, such as:
- Your vehicle pulls or drifts to one side.
- Your steering wheel does not return easily after a turn.
- Your steering wheel remains at an angle when driving in a straight line.
- When you buy a new set of tyres and want them to last as long as possible.
- When you replace suspension or steering components.
It takes only a small misalignment to create problems
The purpose of correct wheel alignment is to provide optimum vehicle handling and to maximise the life of the tyres.
The main reasons for having correct wheel alignment are:
- It can save you money, as tyre replacements are required less frequently.
- Your tyres will last longer.
- Your vehicle handling will be optimised.
- Your vehicle will drive smoother with less tyre rolling resistance.
How long does it take to realign my wheels and what does it cost?
Most front and rear alignment problems can be solved in about 45 minutes. Wheel alignment is all about checking the direction and angle at which the wheels are set against your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications. Even though you may hear expressions like toe in, toe out, positive camber or negative camber, wheel alignment itself is not complex. In fact, adjusting wheel alignment is actually a very straightforward operation.
At West Harrow Garage Ltd, Steering, Suspension and Wheel Alignment checks are free. Wheel Alignment adjustments start at £45+VAT. This will include a front toe adjustment at minimum.
We provide a print out for before and after adjustment results so you can see what we’ve done.